We have high expectations for all Joiners to be honest and trustworthy. It is these values that will enable our community to grow, allowing you to keep meeting amazing people and participating in incredible activities globally. We wish not to have one bad apple ruin the expectations of a wonderful batch of apples, and we hope all batches of apples are wonderful.
At Joinful, we will continuously do our best to improve the safety of all the Joiners. That said, you should also best prepare to ensure your own safety with the following tips:
- Try not to join an activity alone at obscure locations or late at night with unfamiliar persons
- Try not to join activities where the location doesn’t seem suitable or doesn’t make sense for the activity itself
- Let your family and friends know the details of the activity you are participating in beforehand
- Have emergency numbers on hand for whichever city you go to
- Check the host’s profile if possible to ensure that the profile doesn’t look suspicious
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Don’t do anything that you do not feel comfortable doing, and let the host know
- Don’t leave personal belongings unattended
- Do not carry anything valuable if possible
- Do stay conscious enough to know what’s going on
- Use our platform for messaging with another Joiner
- Arrange your own transportation methods and do not rely on somebody you have not already established a comfortable level of trust with
- Never share your financial information with people you don’t know – don’t give out your credit card number or bank info, SSN, address
- Recognise that scammers may want to take the conversation to a third party platform quickly, may have many spelling and grammar mistakes in their profiles, asks for your address, and asks you to give them money
- Make sure any financial transactions carried outside the app is legitimate and trustworthy
- Use caution when accessing public or shared networks so that others cannot view or record your personal or financial information
- Be sure to read the disclaimer of each activity to properly understand the risks involved
- Use common sense and good judgment to determine the risks involved
Remember that in a safety or emergency issue, please do not contact us, but do contact the local police or emergency contact.
As Joinful is only a platform connecting people through activities, we do not carry any responsibilities or liabilities whatsoever should any safety issues arise from the activity, the host, or other joiners involved. For additional legal information, please read our Terms and Conditions. For any questions or reports, please contact email@example.com.